Friday, February 10, 2012

Cleaning Out The Closet

I know we're well into February, but sometimes resolutions (cleverly disguised as goals) pop up much after the ball drops. I didn't realize until recently how much stuff I have in my closet that I never wear. I tried to go through my stuff and pull out what I never wear, but that became a little overwhelming. I even found myself going through the "To Donate" pile a few times and taking things back. No bueno. Then I found The Ray and Jen Blog on Pinterest and POW! Problem: solved.

I took all the things hanging in my closet and turned the hangers backwards. As I wear the items (i.e. every time I do laundry and go to put the item away, I put it back into the closet like normal. In June, any item that is facing me will be donated. No ifs, ands, or buts. I will repeat the process in June, then see what will be donated in January.



This is a great way to keep your closet neat and organized, current, and free of disposable pieces. Eventually, you'll find that you'll gravitate towards quality, versus quantity and your wardrobe will slowly help you define your own personal style.

- The Sassy Gal

No comments:

Post a Comment