Thursday, February 23, 2012

Fitness Challenge: Jillian Michaels’ 30 Day Shred




I’ve come a long way from being that woman on the left. I look at old pictures and I hardly recognize myself. But I keep them posted on my Facebook and in picture frames to remind myself of how far I’ve come. But I’m not done yet! My goal is to be a svelte 155-160 lbs, which is healthy and normal for a woman my height (See the chart below for your healthy weight).



The last few times I’ve been shopping, I’ve made it a point to browse the sale racks for items I love now and intentionally purchase things a size or two too small. I know what you’re probably thinking. “Why would you do that to yourself? Isn’t that a waste of money? What if you never get to that size?” Well, what if I do? I’m going to need something to wear, right? And I may as well get it now while it’s on sale! No worries. I’ll shrink into it.

I recently read about Jillian Michael’s 30 Day Shred and decided to give it a whirl. I mean, I am a huge Biggest Loser fan, after all, so what the heck? Why not? Especially after seeing before and after pictures like these, I couldn’t resist.



At just under $10, the DVD consists of three phases of circuit workouts combining cardio, strength training with light weights, and stretching, that are 30 minutes each with promises of losing up to 20 lbs in 30 days. My plan of action for this challenge is as follows:
  • Follow a clean diet free of excessive sugar, sodium, and fat
  • In addition to the DVD, teach two Zumba classes per week, plus take a few classes at the studio
  • Restart a Couch to 5K program three times per week

Stay tuned for updates after each phase and an official “Before and After” by yours truly!


- The Sassy Gal

3 comments:

  1. I have done her Yoga Melt Down and it has work for me!It has tone me up a lot! I use to weight 307lbs and I know weight 166 lbs! With Zumba,Bellydance and Yoga Melt Down it did wonders for me!I love Jillian! Keep up the great work girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look INCREDIBLE! You've always been beautiful because as we all know true beauty flows from the inside however I also know you have sturggled to feel confident that the outside matched the inside. I'm very proud of how hard you have worked and continue to work and it is paying off innumerably. Keep being healthy and keep sharing your tricks! You look LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your weight loss. I think you look just as sexy in the green skirt. I'd hit that! Those curves.....damn

    ReplyDelete