One of the missions I have is to get more organized and make getting ready in the mornings a breeze. My closet is sorted by style and color, accessories are on special hangers on the wall, shoes are stacked in either their original boxes or clear containers for easy spotting, but my scarves didn’t have an appropriate home. If I hung them from the top shelves, they’d cover the shoes. If I hung them from the bottom shelves, they’d drag on the floor. If I hung them by the pants, there wouldn’t be enough room.
I thought about buying a holder for my scarves, but I wasn’t in the mood to spend $15 on it. So I figured, what the heck, I’ll just make one! And made one I did. I did a Google Image search for DIY scarf hangers for inspiration and here is what I came up with.
Having been my first hanger project, I made some mistakes. But as they say, hindsight is 20/20. So here is my suggestion on how to make your own scarf hanger.
You’ll need:
- A plastic hanger with a bottom (one you could use to hang pants on)
- A pack of 12 plastic shower curtain hangers
- Ribbon
- Hot glue gun
- Wrap each hoop in ribbon
- Wrap the hanger in ribbon
- Arrange the hoops in whatever fashion you like. I decided to put some inside the hanger.
- Connect rows with hot glue, then wrap them together with ribbon.
- Wrap each hoop to the hanger.


that would cost more than $15 to make one if you didn't have the supplies, but I think it would be fun to make a bunch of them for gifts so in that way it is worth the money & effort
ReplyDelete