Much has happened in my life in the past few weeks. Aside from landing my dream job, I met a great guy. Well, I didn't really "meet" him, since I've known him for well over a decade. But I fell for him. And he fell for me. Now this is the most unconventional relationship I have ever been in. Believe you me. For starters, we live 400 miles away from each other and we decided that we wanted to be together, not because we were overcome with emotions and twitterpated, but because we just made sense. Yes, we weighed the pros and cons and calculated risk factors and, as his friend puts it, lawyered our way into a relationship. Logic and reason made us realize that us together was way better than us not together. And it all started as an innocent friendship between two people who went to high school together.
Moral of the story: Ladies, don't complain that there aren't any amazing guys out there. You know that guy you left in the "friend zone"? My money's on him being the best thing that ever happened to you. And gentlemen, when you know what you want, and you're 100% ready for it, take it. Don't make excuses for why you still with a sorry excuse for a boyfriend/girlfriend. As crazy as my situation may sound, it makes sense and it works for us. Remember, trust and communication are essential to the survival of a relationship.
Stay tuned, because my beau and I will be sharing our story with you in a little blog of our own...
- The Sassy Gal
No comments:
Post a Comment