Monday, January 23, 2012

Delish Dish: Rice Curry

Soon, I will be chronicling my adventures in vegetarianism. But first I want to share with you an awesome recipe that I found. It's exotic, delicious, and super duper easy! So in honor of Meatless Mondays, enjoy some Rice Curry.

  • 4 cups cooked brown rice
  • 2 unpeeled apples, cored and diced
  • 1 lb mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 cup diced onion
  • 2 stalks celery, chopped
  • 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 3 tsp curry powder
  • 3 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 cup plain fat free yogurt
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • nonstick spray
  • 1 cup seedless red grapes


  1. Cook rice according to package directions. I recommend using a rice cooker.
  2. Preheat oven to 350*.
  3. Saute apples, mushrooms, onion, celery and green bell pepper in olive oil until tender.
  4. Remove from heat.
  5. Add rice, curry, soy sauce, yogurt and raisins.
  6. Mix and pour into a casserole dish sprayed with non-stick spray.
  7. Bake for 25 minutes.
  8. Stir in grapes and bake for an additional 5 minutes.


Enjoy!

- The Sassy Gal

No comments:

Post a Comment